Double Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
These double chocolate chip M&M cookies are simple to make, just 20 minutes from start to finish. Plus no chilling of the dough! These m&m cookies are chewy chocolate-y & tender chips.
How to make double chocolate chip cookies with m&ms
First, there is no need to cool this dough before you bake it, yay!!!!
To produce chewy chocolate M&M cookies, begin by beating the butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat.
Blend the dry ingredients in another bowl, then add them into the wet ingredients, mixing with a spatula.
Use a cookie scoop to drop dough balls on a silicone lined baking sheet. Press on the m&ms and chocolate chips all over the surface of the ball. Bake and let them cool!
The Way to properly measure flour for cookies
Properly measuring flour in any baked good recipe is quite crucial.
Spoon flour into the measuring cup, and then use a butter knife to level off it. This is the accurate and proper means.
Don’t pack down the bread to the measuring cup.
Don’t stick the measuring cup into the flour bag and scoop it out. This will result which makes it dry.
How to create cookies that LOOK AWESOME with lots of add ins
Alright, so cookies taste great, but we need them to look great also. Making cookies seem awesome takes 1 step in the procedure.
Here is the key: to create delicious, drool-worthy cookies, add extra toppings into the exterior of your dough balls until you set them in the oven. That way they will have all as soon as your cookies are finished baking these m&ms and chocolate chips!
Recipe adapted from HERE
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- To top the cookies: about 1 cup mini m&ms, about 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer for 1 minute, or until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, beat again.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing by hand with a spatula. The batter will be thick.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough balls onto a silicone lined baking sheet. Press mini M&Ms and chocolate chips all around the outside of the dough balls.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool to the touch on the baking sheet (about 15 minutes) then move them to a cooling rack.