Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta with Smoked Sausage is a wonderful weeknight one pot pasta dish! This family favorite pasta recipe comes together in only 30 minutes!
- 3 Tbsp butter (divided)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 6 oz. smoked sausage (sliced into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms (sliced)
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- italian seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Parmesan Sauce:
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- sea salt (to taste)
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- Boil pasta in salty water according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Chicken, sausage and mushrooms:
- Generously season chicken with salt, pepper, Cajun and Italian seasonings. Do not slice it yet – you will be cooking it whole. Slice sausage into 1/4 inch circles and slice mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp butter and melt it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add whole chicken breasts and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side until browned for a total of 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken onto a plate and slice into strips.
- Add sliced sausage pieces and brown them on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until darker in color around the edges. Remove from the skillet onto a plate.
See Full Recipe >> https://whatsinthepan.com