Think healthy and hearty paleo cooking takes forever? Got 20 minutes?
whole30 compliant recipe markHere’s a unique surf and turf kind of paleo meal that’s quick and easy. And it’s loaded with wholesome, nutritious stuff which makes it even better.
This paleo dish takes more time to chop the fresh veggies than it does to cook. And with its super-easy spices and a pre-cooked sausage of your choice, it’ll be on your plate in a snap!
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Old Bay Seasoning, it’s awesome! Your mom and grandma probably had this in their cupboard. Smart ladies! And for good reason. it’s a 70-year-old secret mix of herbs and spices that includes celery salt, red pepper, mustard, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, paprika and some other ingredients they don’t list. i love it. it adds an awesome zip to seafood and poultry. And it’s really inexpensive compared to most pre-mixed spices. Be sure and add this classic to your spice rack!
- 1 lb of medium or large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 oz of pre-cooked smoked sausage, chopped (choose your favorite)
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with some olive oil or coconut oil
- Season shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning
- Cook shrimp about 3-4 minutes until opaque – remove and set aside
- Cook onions and bell peppers in skillet with 2 Tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil for about 2 minutes
See Full Recipes >> http://www.paleonewbie.com/